Monday, November 13, 2006

Feministeppin' CRITICS Finally Surface:

Dear WST320, -just received an email from Jordan. It appears that a feministeppin' critic, a great sentinel of proper education (who is also worried you'll be serving coffee for a career), has posted a response to Jordan's feministeppin' youtube account. The comment and private message are as follows:
COMMENT: "Girls, read about feminism a bit more, and you will realize the stupidity of Modern feminist thinking."
PRIVATE MESSAGE: "Grow up. If the school didn't waste time on idiot things like Feministeppin you would have a better chance of succeeding in the workplace because you would of spent your term preparing for it. By the way, liberal arts colleges are a fast track to serving coffee. Empowering is about education, not feel good exercises that waste time, resources... and eh, everything else put into them. Thats all. Anyway, looking forward to a reply..."
(Note: I don't know about the rest of you 320ers, but I'm laughing that feministeppin' has become, it appears, rather threatening...:-)

4 comments:

Jordan said...

har har Heather, looks like you started a revolution! BUT all is not lost, I recieved this message shortly after:
"Hello,
I came across your videos of the feminist steppin' today and just wanted to let you know that I LOVE them. I am the president of the Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance on campus and was wondering if I could get a copy of some of the lyrics to share with the group. Also, what kind of assignment was this? I would love to try it out on our campus."

You'd better copyright this shit ASAP!

Heather Tapley said...

Yes, if I only had the time. I'd like everybody to know that, because you were the first 320 class to ever feministep, I have not been able to publish the idea; therefore, I would really appreciate all of you citing me and the entire class whenever you reference the material (as Jordan has obviously been asked to do). In an academic world where a scholastic article will get you a job, but radical pedagogy will not, this is super important to me and my career. So... a thanks to all of you in advance.

randi said...

Helloooo, I was just wondering if I could respond to these comments. And if so, how I would go about this?

Jordan said...

I can give you his username on youtube, and you could create an account and then message him. Or you can send me your reply and i can send it to him that way.