Friday, October 06, 2006

"Anything You Ever Wanted to Ask a Transsexual"

The Women's Studies Program, Inside/Out, and the Canada Research Chair in Gender and Sexuality invite you to attend "Anything You Ever Wanted to Ask a Transsexual." David Harrison, actor and playwright, recently in the film Transamerica, takes you through his personal journey from female to male. His story is not merely how girl becomes boy, but also illuminates the complexities of when gender and sexual orientation intersect and shift--and all the possibilities that open up as a result. Since most people don't know a transsexual, or think they don't know one, here's an opportunity to ask anything you want. Personal questions are encouraged!!! Thursday, October 26th, 3:30 - 5pm, Room 7-152, 7th Floor, Ed. Bldg. North

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Hi Heather, this doesn't actually have anything to do with the transsexual talk, although it sounds good, but I have a question. In our course pack there is a reading by Deleuze Guattari at the end, but I cannot find it on our syllubus... is that one for next week too, or is it just a freebe for fun?

Heather Tapley said...

Hi, Meghan. "The Molecular Unconscious" will not be discussed in class this term. It's in the course pack because I used it last year. With regard to your syllabus, I replaced this reading with the hooks and Baudrillard pieces that need to be xeroxed. (But feel free to read D&G, of course!!)